Thursday, February 19, 2009

Meeting and blood work

Just a quick update with more to follow in the next week or so. For about the last two or three months I have been taking David into his classroom each morning and helping him go through his a.m. routine: Hang up coat, give teacher his folder, write his name and go to his station. We just had a meeting with David's teacher and the principal yesterday and they would like me to just drop David off in the morning or have him ride the bus again. They think David needs to work on developing his independance again. It's a welcome break for me really. I wanted to lend a hand but it's a big job each morning especially when your not a morning person. So next week we'll start that up. I have had a lot of advice from people about seeking out a special diet for David and looking into Naturopathic care. I talked to David's pediatrician about doing a special blood test to detect if he has allergies to any types of foods. I think it determines the major allergies like peanuts, dairy, gluten etc.., She agreed to let me have that done. We did the blood work on Monday but I haven't heard back yet. If the testing shows that he does have allergies then I will consider a special diet and naturopathic care. We already usually avoid most of the things that would be considered a problem for a child with ADHD.

No comments: